daily reading 10.5 (Romans 6:8–10)

5-days-a-week through Romans and the letters Paul wrote from Rome in 2024


Our opening prayer for this week:

Drawn to the Cross, which you have blessed
With healing gifts for souls distressed,
To find in you my life, my rest,
Christ Crucified, I come.

How well you know my griefs and fears,
Your grace abused, my misspent years;
Yet now to you with contrite tears,
Christ Crucified, I come.

Wash me and take away each stain;
Let nothing of my sin remain.
For cleansing, through your cross and pain,
Christ Crucified, I come.

To pledge my labor willingly
Which shall so sweet a service be
That angels well might envy me,
Christ Crucified, I come. Amen.

 

Romans 6:8–10

  • Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him, 9 because we know that Christ, having been raised from the dead, will not die again. Death no longer rules over him.
  • 10 For the death he died, he died to sin once for all time; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
Helpful notes on Romans 6:8–10 





For yourself pray:

  • That you participate forever with Christ in his holy life before God

For others pray:

  • That God gives good weather to those who grow and raise food in your areaa

A psalm to listen to and ponder, as time allows:

  • Psalm 38 (YouTube, duet, "Do not forsake me")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

daily reading 49.5 (Philippians 2:28–30)

daily reading 4.3 (Romans 2:28–29)

daily reading 20.2 (Romans 11:17–21)